To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
We are a network of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement at Daniel Webster School. Together we accomplish great things: check out last year's accomplishments!
What Did the PTA Sponsor Last Year?
- Teacher Welcome Back Breakfast
- Kindergarten Curriculum Resources
- Cocoa with Santa
- “All for Books” Donations for students at the Book Fair
- Classroom Library Wish Lists from the Book Fair
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- “Afternoon Tea” beverages
- St. Jude Math-a-thon Celebration (with Lidl donations)
- Daniel Webster School Pride Day
- Moving up/Graduation Ceremony Decor and Supplies
Ways to Support the PTA
There are opportunities to join the PTA not only as a member but as Vice President or Committee Chair of various committees for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
Class Parent Leaders
Become a Class Parent Leader! A class parent leader is a leader that creates a bridge between parents, teachers, and the rest of the school community by representing your child's class parents group. They will help communicate, organize, engage, and participate in their child’s education by creating and fostering a safe and respectful learning environment. They will work towards one purpose and that is to provide the tools necessary for success for their child and their peers.
Support your kiddo and get some to-do's crossed off your list...
- Bang Cookies! 40% of these delicious proceeds go to the DWS PTA for us to sponsor amazing experiences to enhance our children's educational environment. This is a Jersey City based bakerythat sources organic ingredients to make incredible cookies that aren't just a snack, but a nearly face-sized treat that makes memories and creates cravings! We thank you for supporting us both, and you're welcome for all the yummy goodness coming your way! ENDS midnight FEBRUARY 15!
- Shoott: a female-run startup that provides“Insta-worthy'' outdoor photo sessions with vetted local pro photographers. Sessions are free to book and you only pay for the photos you love. Shoott is rated 4.9 stars on Google, Facebook, and Tripadvisor - and they are so excited to capture some beautiful memories for our organization! How it works:
- BOOK a 30-minute photo session - no sitting fee, entering DANIELWEBSTER at checkout.
- RECEIVE a digital gallery of 40+ photos in 3-5 business days
- PAY only for the photos you love
- RAISE $20 for Daniel Webster School when you purchase a photo and a bonus $20 if you purchase the full gallery!
- Minted.com: You save 20% and minted donates 15%
- Promo code: FUNDRAISEDWSPTA
- Name Bubbles - labels!
- Kids lose just about everything, so we all need labels. All the labels. We've partnered with Name Bubbles to make it easy! 20% of your purchase will help us run our PTA-sponsored events this upcoming school year.
- Webster Shirts: Order Online
- Super comfy, stylish way to show some Webster pride! Be ready to celebrate #WEEWednesdays and the upcoming Webster School Pride Day, so you don't have get ready! $15/each. Let your school spirit stand out on this locally designed crew neck tee, crafted in a high-quality cotton jersey that's ultra-soft on the skin and durable in the wash.
- March TBD
We're looking for additional hike leaders, with coordination and assistance from our Hiking Club leader. Email us if you'd like to jump in for the upcoming year! Thanks!
Here's some basic information if you are new to hiking:
- The hikes will take approximately 2–3 hours (covering about 2 to 3 miles of terrain). Shorter trail options are usually available.
- This includes time for little legs to walk slowly as needed, time for stopping to check out cool stuff - bugs, rocks, streams, boulders, and making a stop for lunch or snacks.
- This is a great hike for littles and beginners, but bring a wearable backpack/carrier for kids 2yo and under.
- Packed lunch, snacks, and water for everyone
- Shoes: Sneakers or hiking boots.
- Wear: layers to put on/ take off, it's cool in the morning and heats up by lunch
**30 Spots MAX**
Get in touch with us at [email protected].