- THE WEEHAWKEN ADVANTAGE
Pre-K students participate in all school activities, including assemblies, special educational programs (Read across America, BookPals, Magic Science, etc.) class trips, Pride Day, Book Fair, School Pictures and Character Education.
- Classes are small, with highly qualified teachers and aides in each classroom.
- All special subject areas (art, music, library, health, and physical education) are taught by highly qualified teachers licensed in those areas.
- Curriculum meets or exceeds state requirements in every subject area, as stated in the Core Curriculum Content Standards.
- Computer clusters in each classroom with broadband Internet connectivity and age-appropriate software for enrichment, review and reinforcement.
- Differentiated instruction to meet the individual academic, social, and emotional needs of all students.
- Full-time licensed pediatric nurse on staff.
Adoption of the state-endorsed Creative Curriculum
We help students:
- Build self-esteem and promote feelings of security and success
- Develop responsibility and self-control
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Integrate language development (literature, phonics, listening, speaking)
- Develop an interest in and a joy of learning
- Build reading readiness